Saturday, June 11, 2011

June 7, 2011

I’ve noticed that the standard for what constitutes “a really stupid thing to have a fight about” changes as you get older. When I was 12, it who got to play shortstop in a pick-up baseball game (me, obviously). At 19, it was whether I was taking my girlfriend to too many movies and not doing more “fun” things (as if anything is more fun than going to a movie, right?). At 33 it was what time I had to get home from watching football with my friends on Sundays (usually we could settle on halftime of the late games). Apparently at 41 we’ve reached a whole new level. Last night Ariel and I had a blow-up over who got to open and close the refrigerator. Really? Is that what 41 years of maturation and evolution have been for? Or MAYBE it was so that at 41 I could WIN the fight, which of course I did. Ah, progress. There’s no stopping it.

No comments:

Post a Comment